Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Stinky Old Birthday!!

Card Exterior

Card Interior
Once I saw the image of the little skunk coming out of the outhouse on the new Cricut Campin Critters cartridge I just knew a "rotten" birthday card was on the way.  First let me say...I love my oldest sister to death....and she has a great sense of humor....so with that said I think she'll get a good chuckle out of my birthday card!  This was the first time I've used my new Cricut Imagine and I am ever so thankful that straight out of the box, it has worked perfectly (knocking on wood!).  I had read both good and bad reviews, but after an Ebay deal, I just couldn't pass it up ( you really didn't have to twist my arm either!!).  I use the Cricut Imagine Snapshot Nature cartridge for the coloring and the Campin Critters cartridge to cut the background for the mountains and grass (although my "big" grass looks more like a hayfield!!). I also used Give A Hoot for the tree and cloud.   I cut those images at three inches each.  I also used the Snapshot Nature cartridge for the wood on my outhouse.  The outhouse and skunk elements were also cut at three inches.  I just love how the Imagine lets me select colors and cut all elements on the same piece of white cardstock.  I printed the message out using my printer and plain white paper which I glued to cloud cardstock from the Premium Photo Stack from DCWV.  I then used some Pebbles chalk to add some shades of light blue to my printed message.  I used the same technique for the inner message. 
I think my sister will enjoy her "stinky" little card!! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!!

Patty

1 comment:

  1. Patty,

    Saw this card on the Cricut MB and I am your latest follower! I had to come by and see what the inside says! TOO CUTE!!!
    Stay crafty!
    Mary
    http://marys-crafty-scraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete