Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Favorite Cowboy!!

My husband's birthday is this week and he is the ultimate cowboy.  He has the Stetsons, the Wranglers, the boots, you name it!! So I think he'll like this card!

I started with background paper from the Paper Studio and adhered it to a plain, white, standard-size card.  Using my Cricut Old West cartridge, I cut the letters at one inch.  I then cut the centerpiece with black cardstock at 3 inches and white cardstock at 2 inches.  I embossed them with my Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I cut the horse at 3 inches and embossed him using a different folder.  I cut background rectangle strips in black and white and topped them with a piece of ribbon from the Paper Studio.  I used a couple of black and silver brads, from Recollections, on each side of the centerpiece.  I then tied a cute little jute bow and adhered it with Glue Dots.  To finish up the card I added a small silver brad, from Colorbok, to each corner of the card.  This was a fairly simple and quick card to put together, but I'm sure it'll make my favorite cowpoke proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment