Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Mr. Fix-It!!

This has been a busy past few weeks for me and my husband.  We have been doing major home repairs and my husband even chose to take a week of vacation to work on our house.  His birthday is next week, so I thought this card would be very appropriate.  I used paper from the Premium Photo stack from DCWV and layered it on black cardstock.  I then used my Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge to cut my little Mr. Fix-It.  He, his little overalls, and hat are cut at five inches.  I antiqued the overalls a bit by coloring them with my Copic markers and then spraying them with frost Shimmer spray.  I crafted his little tool belt and shoes from some real leather scraps (my husband's hobby is leather-working and stamping).  I used a little bit of ribbon to create his handkerchief.  The sign was created from the Camp Out Cricut cartridge and the lettering for "Mr. Fix-It" is from the Printing 101 cartridge. I accented the card using my white Gelly Roll pen. I used some "screw" brads in each corner from the Paper Studio and my little heart was formed with my Fiskars punch.  I think my Mr Fix-It will be very happy with his birthday card

No comments:

Post a Comment