Monday, June 6, 2011

Making Up For Lost Blog Time!!

I must apologize!! I didn't realize that it had been almost a month since my last post!  I've only been out of school for one week and boy have I been busy!  My husband and I continue to make repairs to our home (termite damage last fall).  It was a huge mess, but at least I am getting a beautiful, new stone fireplace out of the deal.  As my husband continues to lay the stone, I have stripped, and I am now in the process of restaining our log home.  I did take some time out last night to whip up a few easy cards though! 

I found a clearance bargain on a couple of Brenda Walton DCWV mat stacks that I couldn't pass up.  These papers make beautiful nature-themed card backgrounds.  I used them on the "friendship" card and the "count your blessings" card.  The embellishments are also from DCWV.  I used my cricut border punch on the "count your blessings" card.  The phrase for the front of this card is actually a clear sticker from Stampabilities.  The butterfly embellishment is from Studio 112.  I used ribbon found in the dollar bin at Michael's to create matching bows for each of the cards.

The other card was created using a wonderful rubber stamp I purchased from eBay.  My brother-in-law is an avid wild turkey hunter and he has an upcoming July birthday.  I stamped a piece of ivory paper with the wild gobbler and then colored it with my watercolor pencils.  I adhered the stamped image to a piece of orange patterned paper from the Great Outdoors stack from atd.  Both were then attached to a piece of heavy brown cardstock using square metal brads from Recollections. I used Glue Dots to adhere everything to a plain ivory card.  I found the stamp birthday sentiment in the dollar bin at Michael's too!  I finished the card off with a matching brown bow.  I think my brother-in-law will be very proud of his card!

Thanks for visiting.....off to work on some more household projects!!



Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment