Friday, July 1, 2011

My First Attempt At Welding......A Shaped Card That Is!!

Today I experimented with my Cricut Design Studio weld feature to create a shaped card.  I used the birdhouse and shadow from the April Showers Cricut Cartridge to create this card.  I first sized and welded the birdhouse shadow.  Each shadow was 5.3X6.0inches and was cut using a beautiful wood patterned paper from the DCWV Premium Photo Stack. I also cut a second image out of black cardstock to place behind the "wood" cardstock to give the card a little extra support.  Before I deleted the welded image from the Design Studio screen, I sized the birdhouse face to fit the front of the welded card. I also used the wood grained cardstock for this image.  After adhering all of the images together, I embellished with a few cute blossom and butterfly stickers that I found recently at my local Dollar Tree.  I then added a cute little diecut bird from DCWV.  I finished the card with some ribbon trim and a bow from the Ribbon Boutique and sprayed the card lightly with some sparkle Shimmer Spritz.  I left the inside blank as I think this card has numerous possibilities....birthday, housewarming, get well, etc.   Hope you like my first attempt at welding!! Thanks for looking.
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment