Saturday, May 7, 2011

A "Deer" Mother's Day Card: Using Fabric to Make Card

I've already given my mom one Mother's Day card, but I don't think she'll mind receiving another!  I was playing around at my craft table this afternoon when I came across a fabric remnant I had used in a lap quilt several months back.  You may recognize the fabric if you have visited the fabric craft page of my blog.  I decided to cut out a scrap and see how it would work on a card.  I ran the fabric square through my Xyron sticker machine and then adhered it to a piece of layered cardstock. I used a nice evergreen tree pattern from the atd Great Outdoors Scrapbook Kit as the background for the rest of the card.  I added some brown ribbon from my scrap drawer and then attached some tiny bronze brads from Recollections.  I accented the other side of the card with a metal tree from Darice's Rustic Accents and glitzy brown stickers from K & Company.  The card was put together using Glue Dots. I think the fabric piece made a nice card.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment