Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Birthday Surprise!



On a recent shopping trip to Michael's, I found these wonderful bifold cards at a great price.  My creative wheels started turning.  I have a friend with a birthday this week, so I decided to craft her a wonderful Spring- themed card.  The adhesive borders as well as all of the die-cut embellishments are from DCWV.  I used a pink flower head from a floral stem I recently found at a local dollar store.  I attached it with a tiny, pink brad from Colorbok and dabbed it with just a little crystal Stickles.  I cut small slits in each side of the card to attach the bright pink ribbon.  I adhered the ribbon to the inside of the card using Glue Dots.

When you open the card, you see a sweet, pink butterfly, which was cut using my Give A Hoot Cricut cartridge.  The butterfly and shadow were each cut at 2 1/2 inches.  I accented the butterfly's wings with the crystal Stickles.  I used a simple "Happy Birthday" stamp as my greeting for this card.  I hope this dear friend likes her card and has a wonderful birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment