Sunday, March 27, 2011

Graduation Card Using the Cricut Wild Card Cartridge


Okay...I have to admit I was a little intimidated when I first got the Cricut Wild Card cartridge. Pulling out the  overlay and flipping through the book, I thought "Oh my!!".  After having a chance to try some of the cards, I must say: "I'm in love"!! The cartridge has so many possibilities and can transform cards into papercraft masterpieces!  Okay enough about the cartridge, I have an upcoming graduation in May and thought this rainy March day would provide a good opportunity for some card making.  I used the Wild Card cartridge graduation cap card.  I cut the card and shadow at 7 inches. I cut the numbers out of white cardstock at 2 inches.  I used black cardstock for the cap and maroon cardstock for the shadow, as my graduate's school colors are maroon and white.  I used maroon and white embroidery floss for the tassel and a small piece of gold ribbon from Martha Stewart to hold it all together.  I then inserted a tiny, yellow star brad from Colorbok into the center of the cap.   I cut the "For the Graduate" phrase from the Wild Card cartridge, at 7 inches, using white cardstock.  I then used crystal Stickles to make the letters and numbers a little glitzy.  The inside of the card includes a "Congrats" message cut at 7 inches using a phrase from another card on the Wild Card cartridge.  Now on to make an envelope.....they are just as beautiful and creative as the cards.....have I mentioned I like this cartridge?!?!!  Have a great week......I've got one more until Spring Break! Yippee!                    Patty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment