Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gardening Time!!

I love to work in my garden just about as much as I love to work in my craft room!  The warm weather the last few days has found me playing in the dirt.  Just this afternoon, my garden was plowed by my wonderful father-in-law and I was able to plant some seeds.  I started with just a few lettuce, radish, and carrot seeds but ended up planting two rows of onions and a row of red potatoes!  I also sprinkled a few beans in the dirt.....I know its a little early so I didn't want to put out too many beans (still a danger of frost until late April)!! Anyway, back to my most recent card.  I incorporated my love of gardening into this birthday card and hopefully the recipient will find great enjoyment from it!  I used a precut, cream-colored card and cut a piece of brilliant blue scrapbook paper to fit the front.  I then used my recently purchase Serenade and Mother's Day Bouquet Cricut cartridges to cut the flower pot and overlay(3 inches) and the leaves(2 inches).  The overlay for the flower pot is made from paper from the DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack.  This pad has 180 sheets of the most bright and cheery 12X12 scrapbook paper.  I used some jute twine to create my ribbon and bow. I used Glue Dots to adhere my flower pot to the card, but was careful not to glue the top of the pot.  This allowed me to insert my seed packet so that the recipient would have no trouble removing it. The seed packet fits just snugly enough that it won't fall out.  I found the diecut stamp in my Martha Stewart School Days Multimedia pad.  I used a single-hole punch and adhered it to the jute.  The tiny glitzy butterfly is one of those little objects that I had "saved for later" and I thought it looked very nice for this card.  The inside of the card includes a nice little stamped message.  The stamp was found in one of those wonderful dollar bins at Michael's.  Hope this card puts in you in the mood for some gardening......Have a great week!  Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment