Saturday, March 5, 2011

Get Well Wishes and Birthday Celebrations!!



                                                            
I've got a sick neighbor so I've worked this weekend on a "Get Well Soon" card.  I thought it turned out pretty well, so I decided to post it.  I think the theme and colors should cheer the sick.  I used paper from the DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack.  I used my Give a Hoot and Garden of Words Cricut cartridges to cut the embellishments.  The flower pot was cut at 5 inches and the bunny rabbit and shadow at 1 3/4 inches. I used crystal Stickles to highlight the bunny and his pom pom tail.  The floral and butterfly embellishments are from DCWV.
Click on Images for a Larger View

For the birthday card, I've been longing to do something in basic black and white.  I used a white pre-cut card and added a strip of black cardstock.  I then used an adhesive border from Colorbok.  I layered smaller pieces of black and white cardstock under my "celebrate" chipboard tag.  I placed a couple of black and silver brads for added effect. I then added a black ribbon bow and my metal embellisments.  I recieved these metal embellishments in a huge, filled, scrapbook caddy.  I've been trying to figure out the best place to use them and I think they made a nice addition to this card.  I topped them with a little, pale-green, crystal stud.  The inside of the card has a stamped "Happy Birthday" message incorporating the theme from the card front.  

I hope you like both cards.  I've been blogging for about a month now and really enjoy it!  Watch my blog soon for some "Welcome to My Blog" blog candy.   I'm gathering up a nice bundle that you will really enjoy!!   Thanks for visiting!!                            Patty



No comments:

Post a Comment