Sunday, March 6, 2011

Howdy Pardner!!!



This rainy weekend has allowed me extra time to work on some March birthday cards.  This past summer my husband, mom, and I went on a cross-country camping trip, exploring the American West.  I created this birthday card with the Old West in mind.   We visited Bodie, California.....a real-life, preserved ghost town!! If you are a western buff, check this place out....fascinating!! I used my Cricut Old West and Animal Kingdom cartridges to create the embellishments for this card.  I found the bandana-print paper at Hobby Lobby.  The paper is from The Paper Studio.  The metal brads turned into cute little nails for my posts and "Howdy".  The brads are Spare Parts, also from The Paper Studio.  I used my Zig calligraphy pen to add the creative features to the little piggy and the rope.  I embossed the white cardstock with my Texture Boutique and Cuttlebug folder.  The inside of the card features the same theme as the outside.  I cut the sign from the Old West cartridge and the cow's head from Animal Kingdom.  The font for the inside and the outside of the card are from the Old West cartridge.  It's chow-time so adios!!             Patty

1 comment: