Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cricut Imagine Christmas Stocking and Card Using Snow Angel

I picked up a copy of Scrapbooking magazine at Hobby Lobby yesterday.  I found a great idea posted by Kimber Jepperson using the Cricut Imagine Snow Angel cartridge.  She created large stockings from one of the designs and stitched them together to hold all kinds of goodies!!  I thought this was a great idea, so I "scrap-lifted" it and decided to create not only a stocking, but a matching card.  I cut one stocking using the fit to page feature on white cardstock.  I then flipped the image and cut another stocking also using the fit to page feature.  I used my trusty Bernina sewing machine (she's been feeling neglected lately due to my paper craft craze) to stitch the stocking together using white thread.  I reinforced the stitching on each end.  I embellished the stocking with some stick-on pearls and dried flowers from Recollections.  I added a couple of little, pink roses from Treasures by Shabby Chic.  I then created a nice matching bow from ribbon by Dashes, Dots, and Checks.  I then suspended a cute, little deer ornament from the Seasonal Shoppe from Hobby Lobby.  The embellishments were adhered to the stocking using Pop-Up Glue Dots.  I then stuffed some tissue paper into the top, but that's just until I decide to stuff it with goodies!!

The matching card was created using a pre-cut card from the dollar bin at Michael's.  I just love these tag cards. I used some glittery paper from DCWV as my background, cutting it to fit the card.   I cut my stocking at 3 inches on white cardstock from the Snow Angel Imagine cartridge.  I adhered it with Pop-Dots, again adding a little tissue paper into the top.  I used the Recollections pearls to embellish and the pink roses from Treasures by Shabby Chic.  I tied a cute little bow from the Dashes, Dots, and Checks ribbon and created a "hanger" using the same ribbon.  I created some little, pink and white pearls on the stocking using Ranger Liquid Pearls.  I think the card coordinates very nice with the stocking that will be filled with Christmas goodies for my someone special!!  Thanks for looking!!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment