Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Love Adhesive Vinyl!!








I haven't posted in a few days, but that doesn't mean that I have stopped crafting!! I placed an order with craftvinyl.com and was very pleased with both the support and service from my contact person, Nick. I ordered several colors and have been experimenting, alot!! I used multiple Cricut cartridges to cut these vinyl designs, including Hannah Montana (love the wonderful fonts!), Pumpkin Carving (for my glass block pumpkin), Thanksgiving for my charger plate, Christmas (for my winter church glass block), Home Decor (for the acrylic tumblers), and many of the monograms and pretty swirls, flowers, etc. came from Elegant Cakes and Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art cartridges. I also designed the camping theme tumbler from my Campin' Critters cartridge and the wild animal tumbler from the Wildlife cartridge. I hope I haven't left any out!! I've been too excited and busy working with vinyl, that I didn't write everything down!! If you notice one and have questions, feel free to leave contact information. I also tried a new product that I recently found at Hobby Lobby. In the Christmas section, they have bottles of Glistening Snow Writer. This creates really beautiful dimensional effects on glass and paper. I had fun use this to add some dimension to my winter church glass block, which is going to light up the night near my fireplace this winter! I also had a chance to test the acrylic tumblers in the dishwasher. I placed one on the top rack and washed it on the "light wash" setting. It also went through a short drying cycle. Both the tumbler and the vinyl were just fine after I removed them. I plan to make tumblers for most of my family members for Christmas. I already have a pretty good start don't you think!! Thanks for looking!! Patty





2 comments:

  1. I love the tumblers! I've just recently started working with vinyl and a coworker asked if I could make her a tumbler. Have you found any tumblers where you attach the vinyl to the inside of the double wall? And do you have any trouble with the vinyl pealing if you put it on the outside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have washed two tumblers in the top rack of my dishwasher and noticed no peeling. I used permanent contact paper on one and oracal 641 on the other. So far so good after a couple of washings! I would imagine the vinyl would have an even longer lifespan if hand washed. I haven't tried any other method except for placing it on the outside of the cup. Thanks for visiting and good luck with your projects! Patty

    ReplyDelete