Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Mountain View And A Little Brown Church

I love the new Smoky Mountain-themed cardstock I found during Spring Break.  I created a card last week and I've used it in two new cards this week.  The first card is created use a wonderful, blue-patterned cardstock from Cloud 9 Design.  It is from their Cocoa Mint collection.  I cut my mountain image from the Smoky Mountain cardstock and adhered it to squares of white and black cardstock.  I then used a vellum quote from Best Occasions that matches the image perfectly.  I anchored it to the same black and white cardstock using silver brads from the Paper Studio.  I added a white ribbon bow from Hobby Lobby and finished my mountain-themed card with a couple of silver tree brads also from the Paper Studio. Everything was put together using Glue Dots (another one of my favorites!).


The second card reminds me of many of the little churches in my area. This was another image from the Smoky Mountain cardstock. I used my Cricut Spring Holiday Cards cartridge to cut the background for the image of the little church.  It is cut at 5 inches on an olive green cardstock.  I layered the image with some cream-colored scrapbook paper.  I used bronze brads from Recollections to anchor the image to a card created using a heavy, brown cardstock.  The coordinating sheer ribbon and bow are from Hobby Lobby.  I used another vellum quote from Best Occasions and anchored it to the cream-colored scrapbook paper using Glue Dots and a couple more bronze brads.  I just love how the Glue Dots are hidden by the brads.  I then embellished this card with some rustic, bronze, metal trees from Darice Rustic Accents.  These little trees were also found on my visit to the huge scrapbook store in Pigeon Forge during my Spring Break week.  Thanks for visiting!!  Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Patty 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cards, Patty! Love them both! Hope you have a wonderful Easter! :)

    ~Maricel

    ReplyDelete