Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Morning of Making Cardstock Flowers with Mom...plus a Mother's Day Card...without Mom!!

This morning I showed my mom how to make cardstock flowers.  We used the Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge and paper from Me & My Big Ideas Specialty Cardstock and Pressed Petals Tropical Life cardstock pack.  The flowers were cut ranging in size from 3-5 inches and glued together using a hot glue gun.  We then added floral wire stems.  I plan to make more of these to decorate for Memorial Day at the cemetery were my grandparents are buried....as it is tradition in the south to decorate the cemetery on what we call "Decoration Day".  I have a link on an earlier blog (see archive: February) to a YouTube video that demonstrates how to make these flowers. 



This weekend, I also created a Mother's Day card.  I found these nice, little, chipboard embellishments appropriate for Mother's Day (they came from a seasonal chipboard collection that can be found at Hobby Lobby).  I used layered red cardstock with print cardstock from the Wild Asparagus pad from My Mind's Eye.  I used a scrap of brown ribbon from a box of chocolates I had received as a recent gift and I also glitzed up the card with some red sequins.  I used the Cricut Spring Holiday Cards cartridge to cut the background for the card (cut at 6 inches) and I also made small 2 inch and 2.5 inch backgrounds and layered them for my "Wishing You A Very" embellishments.  I finished the card off with some matching brown, metal brads.....Hope you like the card and the flowers.....now I am off to eat lunch with mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment