Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beautiful Dogwoods In Bloom

The dogwood trees are in full bloom in the mountains around my little rustic cabin.  Seeing the spectacular colors of the trees and wildflowers made me want to try to incorporate this beauty into a card.  I was at my cabin just this afternoon and snapped a few photographs with the digital camera. I was anxious to use these pictures to create a card so I loaded them up and printed them out as soon as I got home.  I think they turned out nicely and I'll be using many of them in future crafty creations. I used dark brown cardstock from Colorbok and added a nice background in an olive green cardstock, from Best Occasions, cut from my Cricut Spring Holiday Cards cartridge.  The background was cut at six inches and fit my five inch tall photograph just fine.  I used Glue Dots to adhere everything together.  I added some tiny square, bronze brads from All My Memories.  I then finished this card with some matching "Happy Birthday" ribbon from Martha Stewart.  I just love the way this card turned out! Hope you like it too!! Thanks for looking....Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment