Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Smoky Mountain Thank You

Over my much awaited Spring Break week, I paid a visit to the nearby Your Scrapbook Superstore and Clearance Center in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  This store isn't very far from my home, but I have never had the chance to visit.  It's a scrapbookers and cardmakers dream!  The store is packed with loads of paper, stamps, punches, stickers, etc.  My favorite part was that it sells many items related to the beautiful area that I live in.  I found some really beautiful rubber stamps and papers with mountain, nature/wildlife-related themes.  I found this wonderful scrapbook cardstock which I used to create a beautiful thank you card for some really nice people.  Each page of the cardstock contains numerous images of different aspects of the Great Smoky Mountains.  I plan to use each image in a future card.  The cardstock is available in either black/white or brown/white.  I cut out the image used in this card and adhered it to white cardstock that I then layered onto a black card. I used my Cricut Wild Card cartridge to cut the "Thanks".  The word is cut at 5 1/2 inches. After adhering the word to black and white cardstock,  I used adhesive foam squares and Glue Dots to adhere the entire "Thanks" to the card.  I embellished the wording with a couple of round, silver brads from Recollections.  I used my Gelly Roll white pen to enhance the word, as well.  The inside of the card contains a white on black theme where I plan to write my special "thank you" message.  By the way, here's the link to the local store I mentioned, they do have online ordering capabilities:  Your Scrapbook Superstore
Thanks for visiting!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment