Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Old-Fashioned Valentine's Day Card

I think the doilies on this card give it an old-fashioned look.   I used paper from Colorbok as the background for this card.  I then layered some seasonal, paper doilies that I found in the cake decorating section of my local Hobby Lobby.  I clipped a border from card stock from the Four Seasons stack from DCWV and layered the border with some cloth ribbon from the Paper Studio.  I cut the paper doily, heart, and sentiment from my Cricut Cake Basics cartridge and embossed them with my swirly heart Cuttlebug folder.  I used some paper flowers that I recently scooped up from the dollar section of my Michael's store and added a silver bead to each that I discovered in my jewelry making stash.  I finished the card off with some teeny, tiny, red and white buttons. This card will be perfect for one of my sweeties on Valentine's Day!!  I really like how this card turned out.  I think I may have to go make some more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment