Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Quick Mickey and Minnie Valentine Using My Cricut Imagine

I haven't had my Cricut Imagine hooked up to my computer and the Cricut Craft Room since it returned from the factory.  Today, I decided to take the chance and see if I could get it to print and cut. The connection is still a little faulty.  Out of five prints, two of them would not cut.  I like the idea of being able to color all of the layers, individually, on the Cricut cartridges and print them out on one piece of white card stock.  I pulled out my Mickey and Friends cartridge and decided to test the system to make a Valentine's Day card.  I placed all of my images on the mat in the online Craft Room and sent them to the Imagine to cut.  The images began to print out one by one.  The machine goes to cut and spits out the mat without cutting.  I close out the machine, save my design and exit Craft Room.  I then try to log back in and get a service error.  I close everything out, turn of the machine, disconnect from the internet and try again.  This time I get my saved Mickey file to load and I send it to the Imagine for cutting only.  Yeah!! It worked. The images on the lowest part of the mat were off just a little bit in cutting, but this was easily fixed using my Copic markers to color the white edges.  I pieced all the colored layers together using my trusty Elmer's glue stick.  I then found a background design for my card using paper from the Paper Studio.  I used my white Gelly Roll pen to accent the die cuts just a hint.  I then used foam adhesive squares to mount all the images to the card. 
     I really love the whole idea of the Craft Room and the Imagine.  I hope that Provo Craft can issue an update soon that removes all the "bugs" people have been experiencing with this duo.  I love having the ability to move the images around on the Imagine mat with Craft Room.  I also love being able to see the welding of images on a larger screen.  Someday I hope to see the capabilities to combine all the layers of an image together, flood fill them with their respective colors and print and cut them with the Imagine.
    Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by!!       Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment