Monday, February 20, 2012

A Card to Welcome Spring (or at least hurry it on its way!!)

After a rather mild winter, we had a miserable Sunday of cold, windy, rainy weather, changing over to snow in areas a little further north.  I stayed in all day, recovering from an injured foot, and straightened my craft area. I found these beautiful flower embellishments from DCWV.  I had emptied them from their packaging and had them scattered in a drawer.  I recently got the Ornamental Iron cartridge from cashing in some Cricut Rewards, so I decide to try and combine the two into a beautiful, spring card.  The paper for the gate is from a DCWV stack too.  I was really impressed how the Cricut E2 cut the design.  With all of the intricate cuts and curves I was really afraid the blade would chew up the paper.  I cut the gate at 5.50 inches (I also like how the E2 saves the size of your last cut, makes for easy blogging!!).  I used a prefolded card and added my gate. I then inserted my DCWV embellishments.  I gently slid the sentiment die cut underneath the gate edges, to help hold it in place.  I blinged up the gate with some adhesive pearls and a pretty bow.  I left the inside of this card blank.  I figure it would make a pretty birthday, wedding, or even thank you card.  Rather simple to put together, but very pretty nonetheless.  Our temperatures warm back up this week, so maybe one day, spring will decide to be here for good!!  Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment