Saturday, January 28, 2012

Birthday Card and Cake!!

I got a couple of great new Cricut cartridges from Ebay this week and couldn't wait to try them out.  The card is made using the Cricut Imagine Yummy Cartridge.  The background paper for the card is from the Wild Asparagus Collection from My Mind's Eye.  I used the sentiment, stacked cake, and border from the Yummy cartridge.  I added a cake embellishment from my scrapbook stash and a small sheer bow.  I glitzed up the edges of the sentiment using Stickles.   My second creation is a simple cake-shaped goody box.  I just love all the projects from the Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge.  I decided to make this simple cake box and fill it up with sweets.  The project took all of ten minutes to cut and put together.  I used Cricut Craft Room and my E2 for this project.  The paper is from the Wild Asparagus Collection as well.  I frosted the edges of the cake with some Liquid Pearls and used some Stickles for a little glitz.  I topped my cake with whipped cream pom poms and a glitzy matching cherry!! I look forward to trying more projects from this cartridge.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment