Friday, February 25, 2011

Butterflies and Flowers.....

I crafted two cards during our windy, rainy, Thursday afternoon.  The warmer temperatures have the frogs singing in our nearby pond and the birds have been chirping at 7:00 a.m. as I head off to school.  It looks like Spring is definitely on the way.  My husband pruned my jungle of grapevines this week as I plodded around the garden looking for the hint of spring flowers popping their heads out of the ground.
   The iris card was cut using purple cardstock. The beautiful iris embellishment is from DCWV.  I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the iris background paper and found some sweet little matching beads down in my craft room that paired up perfectly with the embossed flowers (see the close up). The lavender paper is from the K&Company Specialty Paper Pack.  This was a simple card to make, but I think it's simplicity makes it lovely. 
   The butterfly card was cut using a double layer of green cardstock.  The vellum quote is from Best Occasions.  I think the butterfly theme of the vellum worked out perfectly with the DCWV butterfly embellishment.  The brads are from Creative Imaginations and I placed the strategically to cover the glue dots holding down the vellum.  They were a perfect fit.  The beading is from a by-the-yard cut from the fabric department of Hobby Lobby.  I have had a sewing room for quite a while and love it when I can incorporate two different areas of crafting.  I used a regular piece of ivory paper as the background for the butterfly and vellum quote.  Hope these cards inspire you to get out to your flower garden and look for signs of Spring!!!
Have a great weekend!!


Click on images for a larger view

No comments:

Post a Comment