Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cricut Imagine + Iron On Fabric Sheets For Ink Jet Printers

It's a windy, rainy day outside and I have a yucky head cold, so I decided to stay indoors, stay warm, and work with some of my crafts.  I pulled out some of my printable iron-on fabric I had purchased a few weeks ago.  I decided to try printing and cutting on this material using my Imagine.  Through trial and error, I found that the edges of this material need to be taped to the mat with a few pieces of tape.  I also set my pressure on 5 to make sure that the material was completely cut.  I used the Imagine Enjoy the Seasons cartridge to print the tree and squirrel for my sweatshirt.  The ink absorbed into the material wonderfully and was easy to iron on to the black sweatshirt.  I then sewed on some coordinating fall leaves and acorn buttons and finished the shirt with a little gold fabric paint.  I then printed the monogram "P" and bird image from the Imagine Baby Boutique cartridge.  I ironed these images onto a white tote bag.  I think I will sew a matching ribbon around the edges of the bag to add some additional embellishment.  I love the print and iron-on material.  I used the June Tailor Quick Fuse fabric sheets for ink jet printers.  With this material, it wasn't even necessary to flip the images before printing.  Looks like I'll be heading back to the craft store to buy more!!  Have a great week!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment