Sunday, October 30, 2011

Country Joy Card and Frame

I love to follow other craft blogs.  They provide both inspiration and education.  I scraplifted today's project from the Everyday Cricut blog.  This picture frame idea was created by Joy and I decided to add a little country flair to my version.  I, as Joy did, purchased my tri-matte and frame from Michaels.  I used paper to fill the frames from the DCWV 'Tis the Season' stack.  I cut my letters from the Cricut Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art cartridge.  I first cut the letters (three inch in size) out of white cardstock and then cut them a second time using the pretty Christmas print scrapbook paper.  I glued them together using my good ol' Elmer's gluestick.  I then cut squares of coordinating green paper from the same stack.  After gluing my letters onto the green squares, I adhered them to their red and white check background using foam, adhesive squares to add a little dimension.  I added some snowflake embellishments from Dress It Up.  To add some country flair to the matte, I added some antique style brads from Making Memories.  After putting the frame back together, I added a twine ribbon and bow.  I'm sure this project will make a wonderful, decorative piece in my log cabin during the upcoming holiday season.  Thanks Joy at Everyday Cricut for the inspiration.  After I had finished this project, I thought that this same design would look great for a Christmas card.  I used a precut craft paper-style card and again used scraps of the DCWV paper.  I added the snowflake and brad embellishments and a twine bow.  These were quick and easy projects to complete and would make great early Christmas gifts.  Looks like I might be heading back to Michaels for some more frames!!
Thanks for looking!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment