Tuesday, January 15, 2013

For My Valentine....

Hi everyone.  I've been working on another Valentine since last week's post.  I tend to find a favorite Cricut cartridge and keep using it, often forgetting the other great carts I have!!  This card again uses the A Child's Year cartridge.  I used a precut square card and had some wonderful 12X12 paper that looks like a giant lace doily.  The wonderful part about this paper is that it also has a beautiful scalloped border.  I was able to use both features when I created this card.  I found a beautiful paper stack at my local Ross store.  If you haven't checked them out for scrapbooking and card making supplies, I definitely recommend that you do!  They don't always have a huge quantity but you can get some pretty good buys.  The paper stack I found is from K&Company and is their Merryweather stack. I got 36 sheets of beautiful double-sided floral cardstock for 3.99.  This paper became the background for my card and I also used it to cut the image of the boy and girl exchanging Valentine's gifts. The image was cut at 1.25 inches. I inked the border with my Copic marker just to help it stand out a little more.  I used adhesive foam squares to create the depth for this card.  I used my Martha Stewart Circle Cutter to create the precise circle layers for the card.  I then used a paper doily, these can be found in the cake baking supplies of your local Hobby Lobby, on top of my cardstock circles.  I finished this card with a jeweled brad from my stash and a pretty sheer bow from RibbonFx.  I think this card turned out perfect for a favorite Valentine.  Have  a wonderful week.  Today, I am enjoying a day home from school due to flooding in our area!!  Ahhh...for me a day of crafting!! Yeah!!    Thanks for visiting!!   Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment