Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Head Start on Valentine's Day Cards!!

I decided to use some of my Christmas gifts to create this cute little Valentine's Day card.  Doesn't hurt to get a head start!!  To create the card, I used a white pre-cut card and cut a piece of heart design cardstock from BABS.  The card was then layered with a smaller piece of black cardstock.  I embossed a piece of pale pink cardstock with my new Cuttlebug owl folder.  I was anxious to try it out, I do love owls!! This card also gave me a chance to use my Hampton Arts owl stamps.  The images were stamped with my VersaFine black stamp pad, which was also a Christmas gift.  I am anxious to try out different types of inks with my stamps, so if anyone has any suggestions, all comments would be appreciated!! I inked the embossed portion of the card, just a tad, with my Martha Stewart cat's eye pink stamp pad.  I then spritzed the card with some of my frost Shimmer Spritz.  I created a bow from black string from MakingMemories.  I found this string at a bargain at an Ollie's store that just opened up in my area. I've found some great buys on scrapbooking items there!! To finish this card I added a couple of adhesive gems for the eyes and three glitzy black brads as accents.  The inside of the card will also include a stamped sentiment from the Hampton Arts set.  It will simply read " I Do That's Who".  Have a safe New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year's day!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment